The Top 10 Host Sites For 2017 – Website Hosting Made Simple
We’re continuing our articles aimed at helping small businesses, start-ups and entrepreneurs. Today’s article is about something highly crucial to a successful web business – web hosting. We’ll be looking at the top 10 hosts sites for 2017, and hopefully, you’ll get some great tips along the way.
First things first, to determine what web hosting is going to suit you, you’ve got to take an appraisal of your business needs. That means looking at your current needs, and also thinking about the future -making a projection about the desired growth of your company.
There are four basic options you can go for with web hosting.
- Shared hosting – this is a set up that allows you to share server time with other websites and web hosting accounts. This can mean your site is slower. The plans for shared hosting are generally for websites that are not expecting much traffic. Bear in mind, however, if your site gets a spike in activity, it could get taken down. This is sometimes humorously the “hug of death” because although high traffic is good for business, it can strangle websites on low bandwidth plans.
- Dedicated server – faster performance is pretty much guaranteed if you decide to opt for your dedicated web server.
- Co-located servers – this is a little like having a dedicated server. It’s kept in a vendor’s data server, but you still have complete control of it and can install whatever you need on the server.
- Virtual Private Servers (VPS)/ Cloud Servers – these are an interesting option that allows you to scale up your operations as and when you need, instead of being restricted by a single physical server.
Let’s have a look at the top 10 host sites then. First here is five of the best.
This is a great entry level shared hosting service that anyone can pick up and use. They offer lots of tools and freebies to help setting up your first site as pain and hassle free as possible. A great first entry in our list of the top 10 host sites. Some unique features of eHost include:
- Drag and drop website builder.
- 1000s of website templates to use for free.
- Get $2oo in advertising credits from the search giants – Google, Yahoo and Bing.
- Around the clock customer support and step by step tutorials available.
- Monthly starting price from $2.75.
- Free domain name for life.
- Money back guarantees within the first 45 days.
- Unlimited disk space.
This is the best budget option in this list of the 10 ten host sites.
In our list of the best host sites, HostGator is probably the best web hosting services for businesses who want to grow. They’ve been around for over a decade now, and in that time they have earned respect for their reliability of their service. This is mostly a shared hosting service, but there are options to employ dedicated servers and a VPS if you have greater needs.
Some of the cool features at HostGator:
- Unlimited disk space and bandwidth with every plan.
- 50% off price for the first month.
- A free website builder from Weebly ( who we have reviewed positively on this site before).
- An easy to use intuitive control panel.
- 45-day money back guarantees, like eHost.
- Prices start from $3.48 per month so that they won’t break the bank.
If usability is your primary concern, then I would recommend BlueHost. This shared hosting service from BlueHost works great with WordPress. They also make sure that the hardware and the site are up to modern standards. Some features of BlueHost include:
- $3.95 starting price per month.
- 24/7 support.
- One on one training available if needed, for an additional fee.
- Modern hardware, free domain name.
- Unlimited emails, disk space and bandwidth.
SiteGround have a well-earned reputation for excellent customer support in the web hosting world. Poor customer support is one of the most frustrating aspects of any product or service. If any company decides to focus on support, then I’m immediately sold, which is why I’ve included SiteGround in our list of the top 10 host sites for 2017. Some other excellent features include:
- A free website builder and simple website management from cPanel.
- 99.9% uptime ensuring your business website is reliable.
- Unlimited email hosting at your free website domain.
- Secure email. Anti-spam integrated.
- 30-day money back guarantees.
- 10GB – 30 GB disk space.
- Starting at $3.95 per month.
If you are dead set on using WordPress, then you might want to have a look at InMotionHosting. WordPress comes pre-installed with them, and they have made a big impact in the WordPress space. They are a solid web hosting site noted for reliability and support – two things that you should value the highest in web hosting. InMotion Hosting, of course, deserved a spot high on our list of the top 10 host sites for 2017. Some nice features:
- WordPress comes pre-installed.
- Free domain, data backups and site transfers.
- Unlimited bandwidth and disk space.
- Choose from a range of data-center locations.
- You can host unlimited WordPress websites on one single account.
- 90-day money back guarantee.
- Free domain name for one year.
- Starting from $2.95 per month.
5 of the rest
If those web hosting five sites aren’t enough, we’ve got five more for you! Take a look at the rest of our list of the top 10 host sites for 2017.
At $39.00 per month, LiquidWeb won’t be for everyone. They are a premium web hosting option for those who need serious firepower. Follow the link above to find out more.
1and1 focus on making web hosting easy for beginners. This is a good web hosting service for beginners to get their feet wet. At $4.99 per month, it is a little more expensive than the market average.
Web hosting uses energy. If you are an environmentalist, consider hosting your website on FatCow. For $3.15 you get your website hosted on servers powered by 100% renewable wind energy. Very cool.
IdeaHost is a straightforward web hosting service that features an intuitive drag and drops website builder. Prices start from $2.99 per month.
Choose from a range of data centre locations with WebHostingHub. Prices start from $3.99 per month.
OK, folks, that’s a Wrap. Those are our top 10 hosts sites for 2017. If you have your website, let us know below. Who do you use for your website hosting?